Professional Development with Amelia
As a national speaker and presenter I have been blessed with the opportunity to inspire and support educators, administrators, coaches, and specialists. If you are looking for a workshop packed with research, engagement, innovative, and ready-to-implement ideas, I am here for you!
I am passionate about sharing ideas for pairing rigor and engagement in the classroom. I love guiding teachers to help them implement lessons and activities that activate higher-level thinking skills in their students. I believe that true comprehension takes place across all subject areas, and I will help teachers take actionable steps towards cross-curricular teaching that is engaging, meaningful, rigorous, and effective. I am available to present at conferences, workshops, keynotes, building and district level PD, and more. Below are some of the topics I specialize in, and can create sessions to cater to your educational needs:
- Pairing engagement and rigor in an ELA classroom
- Bringing books to life!
- Creating passionate and powerful readers
- Classroom routines and management for a successful reading and writing workshop
- Choosing and implementing the use of authentic texts
- The Math, Science, and Social Studies of Reading
- Small Groups have Big Meaning
Free Webinar with Get Your Teach On~ “Selecting the Right Mentor Text” – May 20, 2021
Get Your Teach On Orlando National Conference – July 19-22, 2021
Get Your Teach On Atlanta Regional Conference – October 11-12, 2021